At St. Stephen's, Parent Education is considered an integral part of the school. We encourage parents to take time to understand the Montessori and IMYC methods and one way to do so is by attending our information sessions. These sessions are for current and prospective families, grandparents and friends alike. Our goal is to dive deeper regarding Montessori and IMYC curricula, materials, principles, and practice. Don't miss your chance to enrich your knowledge of child development, curricula philosophy and gain practical parenting tips and guidance. Please Join us.
- Friday, August 17: Montessori 101 | 8:15 a.m. | Nave
- Saturday, September 8: Montessori & IMYC Journey* | 8:30 a.m. | Pecore Hall (gym) - RSVP REQUIRED*
- Friday, September 14: Orientation Curriculum | 8:15 a.m. | Pecore Hall (gym)
- Friday, September 21: Primary Curriculum | 8:15 a.m. | Pecore Hall (gym)
- Friday, September 28: Lower Elementary Curriculum | 8:15 a.m. | Pecore Hall (gym)
- Friday, October 5: Upper Elementary Curriculum | 8:15 a.m. | Pecore Hall (gym)
- Friday, October 12: IMYC | 8:15 a.m. | Pecore Hall (gym)
Every person who cares for children has a responsibility to guide, correct, and socialize children toward appropriate behaviors. To help parents hone their parenting skills and access the resources and support they need, we are offering a parent education series that will be timely, practical, and relevant. Add to your parenting toolbox and join us in the fall as we discuss positive discipline, resources, and methods.
Save the dates below.* | 8:15 - 9:30 a.m. | Pecore Hall
- Friday, October 19: Parent Education: Introduction to Positive Discipline
- Friday, October 26: Parent Education: Positive Discipline - First Plane of Development (Birth to 6 yrs)
- Friday, November 9: Parent Education: Positive Discipline - Second Plane of Development (6 to 12 yrs)
- Friday, November 30: Parent Education: Positive Discipline - Third Plane of Development (12 to 18 yrs)
ABOUT MONTESSORI & IMYC JOURNEY*
You are invited to experience the magic of Montessori & IMYC by going on a journey from Orientation through Middle Years. On this journey, you will first scan each environment for about five minutes, exploring all the materials laid out for you to discover later. After this observation, you will get your hands on those materials of the different subject areas, math, language, science, history, geography, etc. and live your child’s experience. After completing the journey, we will meet in Pecore Hall to debrief and share reflections.
RSVP is required for the Montessori / IMYC Journey (9/8/18). Childcare is offered for St. Stephen's families only.* RSVP is now closed.
PARENT READING RESOURCES
The following are recommended parent books regarding positive discipline. While this is not a complete list of all the wonderful books ever written, below are our favorites.
Purchasing books from Amazon Smile supports the school. Click St. Stephen's Episcopal School to receive donations from eligible purchases before you begin shopping.