FAQ – COVID SAFETY PROTOCOLS (ON-CAMPUS)
The following FAQ outlines the safety procedures regarding COVID-19 for St. Stephen’s Episcopal School (School).
The safety procedures are informed by resources issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Texas Health and Human Services (HHS), and the Texas Education Agency (TEA) (collectively referred to as Guidelines). These safety procedures may be modified based on any amendments to the Guidelines.
Are the safety processes fixed or will additional / revised processes be added during the school year?
The School will adopt new procedures as per the Guidelines and in consultation with public health experts. Parents will be notified directly by the School in the event of updates. Updates will also be provided on the School website.
What should my child bring to school?
- Students should bring water bottles from home filled with water to last throughout the school day. Refills cannot be permitted.
- Students are asked to bring their own snack.
- Students should either bring their lunch or order from Simply Fresh.
- Orientation and Primary students are asked to maintain three (3) sets of clean clothes in the classroom, as directed by their teacher. Students may not borrow clothes from another student.
- Primary, Elementary, and Middle Years students are requested to bring two (2) cloth masks.
What will be asked of each student in order to keep the classrooms safe for everyone?
- Students will be guided to thoroughly wash hands upon arrival and throughout the day.
- Students will be asked to use hand sanitizer between washing. Orientation, Primary and Lower Elementary students will be supervised while using sanitizer.
- All students and adults will clean their shoes by stepping in a sanitizing bin and, subsequently, a drying in bin before entering the buildings.
- Primary, Elementary, and Middle Years students are asked to bring a cloth mask to wear daily “as feasible” (pursuant to current recommendations by the CDC).
- Students will be guided to socially distance.