St. Stephen’s Episcopal School, Houston (SSESH) is looking for substitute teachers to work with students ages 15 months through eighth grade, Monday – Friday as needed. Pay is $15-$25/hour, depends on experience.
- Providing breaks to classroom teachers and assistants and keeping a consistent environment for the children in their absence
- Helping to facilitate fun, educational activities for the children
- Ensuring the safety and care of the children
- Experience as a substitute teacher—Montessori preferred for younger grades, but not required
- Flexibility to work with children ages 15 months through eighth grade
- Ability to interact with parents, children, and co-workers in a warm, empathetic, and confident manner
- An interest in learning about Montessori
- Authorization to work in the U.S.
- Completion of Safeguarding God’s Children Training
- A successful background check, including fingerprinting
SSESH embraces a continuum of education where each developmental stage of the child is considered. Our tradition of educational excellence and leadership offers inquisitive, inspired, and creative students a global framework for learning and engaging. At SSESH:
- We are committed to providing students with the best education in Houston.
- We welcome all students, employees, and families with respect.
- We believe each of us is a spiritual human being who has a north star that guides us in what we do and how we treat one another.
For more information or to apply, contact:
St. Stephen’s Episcopal School, Houston
1800 Sul Ross Houston, TX 77098